When one tank is not enough
PADI Tec Deep
Crystal Waves Tec program
This course combines the performance requirements of Tec 40 Tec 45 and Tec 50 and gives you the combined benefits of all three levels. Taught in a fluid 8 day schedule. Ready to explore the technical diving field, in this course you will complete 12 training dives including the use of twin manifold tanks, back-plate and harness and wing system with stage tanks, 8 practical applications, 6 knowledge development sessions and 2 exams.
After successful completion of the DSAT Tec Deep Diver course you’ll be able to conduct gas-switch extended no-decompression dives, decompression dives and accelerated decompression dives using air and enriched air to a depth of 50 metres/165 feet.
You’ll also understand the hazards and risks involved in technical diving, as well as how to prepare for and handle reasonable foreseeable technical diving emergencies.
The Course Covers: (but is not limited to) Technical risks and responsibilities, technical equipment rigging, gas planning, team diving, technical pre-dive checks, specific tech diving hand signals, gas shut down drills, gas switching, long hose gas sharing, lift bag deployment, removal and replacement of deco cylinders, equipment and gas failure procedures, handling technical diver emergencies and rescue drills, oxygen management, decompression computer software, executing decompression stops and dives.
- Be a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver (or qualifying certification from another organization)
- Be a PADI Rescue Diver (or qualifying certification from another organization)
- Be a PADI Enriched Air Diver (or qualifying certification from another organization)
- Be a PADI Deep Diver (or hold aqualifying certification from another organization)
- Have a minimum of 100 logged dives of which at least
20 must be enriched air dives
25 dives must be deeper than 18 metres/60 feet
15 dives must be deeper than 30 metres/100 feet
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have a medical form signed by your physician