When one tank is not enough
PADI Tec 45
The next step after tec 40!
The PADI Tec 45 course is the second part of the full PADI Tec Deep Diver program. You’ll extend your depth limit to 45 metres/145 feet and learn to plan and execute repetitive decompression dives using a single stage/decompression cylinder. It puts you in a complete tec diving rig, which can be either backmount or sidemount. You’ll also make accelerated decompression dives using EANx or pure oxygen. This is a course where you’ll rise to the challenge and make the commitment to become a technical diver.
As the second sub-course in the full PADI Tec Diver Course, Tec 45 course picks up where the Tec 40 course ends at the same time preparing you for Tec 50. The PADI Tec Deep program is built upon three new courses: PADI Tec 40, PADI Tec 45, and PADI Tec 50. This new course break down allows the technical decompression diving program to be diver friendly, letting the student built their experience gradually.
Each level of certification in the Tec Deep program allows the successful candidate to gain experience and still enjoy the benefits of decompression.
During this course you will learn the skills and equipment and planning procedures needed to dive to a maximum of 45 meters/145 feet. You will also gain the knowledge to plan and execute single and repetitive decompression dives using a single stage cylinder of EANx or oxygen to accelerate the decompression stops. There would be no time limit to amount of decompression other then gas supply. This training program will teach you how to prepare and respond to foreseeable technical diving emergencies. Master the basic skills and procedures you’ll need as you move deeper into tech diving.
- Be a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver (or hold a qualifying certification from another organization)
- Be a PADI Rescue Diver (or hold a qualifying certification from another organization)
- Be a PADI Enriched Air Diver (or hold a qualifying certification from another organization)
- Be a PADI Deep Diver (or hold a qualifying certification from another organization)
- Be a DSAT Tec 40 (or hold a qualifying certification from another organization)
- Have a minimum of 50 logged dives, of which at least
12 dives made with enriched air nitrox deeper than 18 metres/60 feet
6 (with or without EANx) dives were deeper than 30 metres/100 feet
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have a medical form signed by your physician